Welcome to our Pokémon Scarlet and Violet Full Walkthrough Guide hub!
This Pokémon Scarlet and Violet Walkthrough — which includes the Full Paldea Pokédex, plus tips to conquer Victory Road and all gym leaders, the Path of Legends and all Titan Pokémon, and Starfall Street and Team Star — will guide you through the game and show you the location of every hidden item. We awarded the game 7/10 in our Pokémon Scarlet and Violet review, describing it as "an open-world Poké playground full of promise and tech issues."
As part of this Pokémon Scarlet and Violet guide, we'll also include details on post-game, as well as a selection of tips and tricks. We are also adding details on the upcoming DLC expansion, The Hidden Treasure of Area Zero, so we will continue to update this guide as we get more info.
Note: Please be aware that — naturally — spoilers abound, so beware if you want to experience the game completely fresh.
On this page:
- Pokémon Scarlet and Violet Guide: Walkthrough
- Pokémon Scarlet and Violet Guide: Getting Started
- Pokémon Scarlet and Violet Pokédex - Full Paldea Region Pokédex
- Pokémon Scarlet and Violet Guide: Evolution Methods, Capture Tips, And Breeding
- Pokémon Scarlet and Violet Guide: Tera Types
- Pokémon Scarlet and Violet Guide: Online and Multiplayer
- Pokémon Scarlet and Violet Guide: TM Locations And Recipes
- Pokémon Scarlet and Violet Guide: Collectibles and Resources
- Pokémon Scarlet and Violet Guide: Training Tips
- Pokémon Scarlet and Violet Guide: FAQs
- Pokémon Scarlet and Violet Guide: The Hidden Treasure of Area Zero
- Pokémon Scarlet and Violet Guide: Mystery Gift Codes
- Where To Buy Pokémon Scarlet and Violet
Pokémon Scarlet and Violet Guide: Walkthrough
This first section of our Pokémon Scarlet and Violet guide is a full walkthrough of every path in the game. It will tell you how to beat all gyms and their leaders, how to defeat Team Star and its bosses, how to beat the Titan Pokémon, and how to beat the final boss.
Victory Road - All Gyms, Leaders, And Badges
- Cortondo Gym Walkthrough - Bug Badge
- Artazon Gym Walkthrough - Grass Badge
- Levincia Gym Walkthrough - Electric Badge
- Cascarrafa Gym Walkthrough - Water Badge
- Medali Gym Walkthrough - Normal Badge
- Montenevera Gym Walkthrough - Ghost Badge
- Alfornada Gym Walkthrough - Psychic Badge
- Glaseado Gym Walkthrough - Ice Badge
- Elite Four and Champion Walkthrough
Path of Legends - All Titan Pokémon
- The Stony Cliff Titan
- The Open Sky Titan
- The Lurking Steel Titan
- The Quaking Earth Titan
- The False Dragon Titan
- The Final Fight
The Way Home - The Final Path
Both of these guides contain spoilers for the final area of the game and the final bosses — make sure you click on these with caution!
Once you've beaten the main story, there are a few more things available for you to complete and unlock!
- All Gym Leader Rematches
- All Team Star Boss Rematches
- Academy Ace Tournament
- How To Unlock 6-Star Raids
Pokémon Scarlet and Violet Guide: Getting Started
Here we share tips and tricks for beginners, with advice on what to do if you're just starting out on your journey through Paldea.
- Beginner's Guide - Best Early Pokémon, Provinces, TMs
- What's The Best Starter Pokémon?
- Which Path Should I Do First?
- Test Answers - All School Midterm And Final Exams, Teacher Rewards
- Complete Paldea Pokédex, All Pokémon Locations
- All Version-Exclusive Pokémon
- All New Pokémon
- All Returning Pokémon
- Paradox Pokémon - Full List, Where To Find Them Explained
- How To Catch Shiny Pokémon And Improve Shiny Odds
Pokémon Scarlet and Violet Guide: Evolution Methods, Capture Tips, And Breeding
Here we detail how to get specific Pokémon, covering evolution methods and breeding Pokémon.
- How To Evolve Eevee Into Espeon, Flareon, Glaceon, Jolteon, Leafeon, Sylveon, Umbreon, Vaporeon
- How To Evolve Pawmi Into Pawmot
- How To Evolve Charcadet Into Armarouge And Ceruledge
- How To Evolve Girafarig Into Farigiraf
- How To Evolve Dunsparce Into Dudunsparce
- How To Evolve Bramblin Into Brambleghast
- How To Evolve Rellor Into Rabsca
- How To Evolve Bisharp Into Kingambit
- How To Evolve Primeape Into Annihilape
- How To Evolve Finizen Into Palafin
- How To Evolve Gimmighoul Into Gholdengo
- How To Get Sinistea (And Sinistea Chips)
- How To Evolve Sinistea Into Polteageist - Cracked Pot And Chipped Pot Locations
- How To Evolve Applin Into Flapple And Appletun - Applin Locations
- How To Evolve Dreepy Into Drakloak, Dragapult
- How To Evolve Rolycoly Into Carkol, Coalossal
- How To Evolve Slowpoke Into Slowking
- How To Evolve Chansey Into Blissey
- Bronzor Location And How To Get Bronzor Fragments
- How To Evolve Rockruff Into Dusk Form Lycanroc
- Where To Find Ditto
- Where To Find Zorua
- How To Get Pikachu
- How To Get Slakoth
- How To Get Gothita
- How To Get Galarian Meowth
- How To Get Gengar
- How To Get Wooper And Quagsire
- How To Get Spiritomb
Paradox and Legendary Pokémon Locations
- How To Get Roaring Moon And Iron Valiant
- How To Get Wo-Chien
- How To Get Chien-Pao
- How To Get Ting-Lu
- How To Get Chi-Yu
Pokémon Scarlet and Violet Guide: Tera Types
Here we detail everything you need to know about Tera Types and Tera Raid Battles.
- What Are Tera Types? Terastallizing Explained
- All Wild Tera Pokémon Locations
- All Tera Raid Battle Events
Pokémon Scarlet and Violet Guide: Online and Multiplayer
There are a few changes to multiplayer in Pokémon Scarlet & Violet — here's what you need to know about Paldea's online features.
- How To Set Up Multiplayer With Friends
- How To Trade Pokémon
- How To Tera Raid Online And With Friends
- Series 1 - Best Pokémon For Ranked Double Battles
- Series 2 - Best Pokémon And Early Teams For Ranked Double Battles
- Regulation Set C - Best Pokémon Teams For Ranked Double Battles
Pokémon Scarlet and Violet Guide: TM Locations And Recipes
TMs are a lot more involved in Pokémon Scarlet and Violet, so we've broken out our TM guides into a TM hub with recipes as well as TM locations for all of the Provinces and Area Zero.
- All TM Recipes
- South Province, Mesagoza - All TM Locations
- East Province, Tagtree Thicket - All TM Locations
- West Province, Asado Desert - All TM Locations
- North Province, Glaseado Mountain, Casseroya Lake - All TM Locations
- Area Zero - All TM Locations
Pokémon Scarlet and Violet Guide: Collectibles and Resources
In this part of our Pokémon Scarlet and Violet guide, we'll list all collectibles in the game, including TM locations, Black Stake locations, and Sandwich recipes.
- All Evolution Stone Locations - Where To Find Moon Stone, Ice Stone, Dusk Stone, And Dawn Stone
- All Sandwich Recipes And Ingredients
- All Ominous Black Stake Locations
There are a few new items, and a few previously helpful items, that players will want to seek out in the world of Paldea. Here you'll find out how to get these:
- Where To Find The Amulet Coin
- Where To Find The Mirror Herb
- How To Get False Swipe TM
- How To Get Shell Bell
Pokémon Scarlet and Violet Guide: Training Tips
Here, you'll find a handful of guides on how to train up your Pokémon for both normal and competitive play, what items you'll need, and how you can check your Pokémon's friendship:
- How To Farm EXP, Where To Find The Lucky Egg
- How To Check And Raise Friendship
- Mints - How To Change Pokémon Natures
- Hyper Training And How To Get Bottle Caps
Pokémon Scarlet and Violet Guide: FAQs
Here we answer frequently asked questions about the game(s) which you might have.
- How To Breed Pokémon
- Gimmighoul Coins - What Are They For?
- Mass Outbreaks - How Do They Work? / What Are Black Question Marks?
- How Long Does It Take To Beat Pokémon Scarlet & Violet?
- How Do You Take Selfies?
- How Do You Make Your Pokémon Auto-Battle?
- How Do You Rename Pokémon?
- How Do You Wash Pokémon?
- How Do You Change Clothes?
- How Do You Change Haircut?
- What Does 'Cheugy' Mean?
- What Are Marks And Ribbons? How To Give Your Pokémon A Title
Pokémon Scarlet and Violet Guide: The Hidden Treasure of Area Zero
Here is where you can find all of the info on the upcoming Expansion Pass, The Hidden Treasure of Area Zero, which includes The Teal Mask and The Indigo Disk.
Pokémon Scarlet and Violet Guide: Mystery Gift Codes
Mystery Gift codes are distributed by The Pokémon Company and can be redeemed for a variety of free gifts, including items and Pokémon.
In this guide, we list every current and expired Scarlet & Violet Mystery Gift code.
Where To Buy Pokémon Scarlet and Violet
If for some reason you're reading a guide for a game you don't own — hey, it's possible! — you can check out the best Pokémon Scarlet and Violet deals in our guide below.
- Where To Buy Pokémon Scarlet And Violet On Switch
- Where To Buy The Pokémon Scarlet & Violet Nintendo Switch OLED Model Console
That's all for our Pokémon Scarlet and Violet walkthrough. Let us know below if you found these helpful.